UPDATE 23 OCTOBER 2016-All defenders and protectors are water are needed at the frontlines to support the Standing Rock Sioux Nations and the hundreds of tribes and allies who have gathered against the “Black Snake” pipeline of Energy Transfer Partners desecration of the water, earth and sacred places and graves of Native Americans. Human rights have repeatedly been violated, experienced cruelty and humiliation(strip searches), militarized police and mercenaries with weapons, tear gas and attack dogs have repeatedly been unleashed on the peaceful gathering that includes women, children and elders. Drones, helicopters, surveillance and sound attack vehicles surround them.
Please read this article about the latest indignities and arrests. Follow indigenous sites like CensoredNews for all updates, and please donate to support the various camps as well as the very necessary legal defense fund. Ways you can help:
1. Donate to support the Standing Rock Sioux at http://standingrock.org/…/standing-rock-sioux-tribe–dakot…/
2. Donate items from the Sacred Stone Camp Supply List: http://sacredstonecamp.org/supply-list/
3. Contribute to the Sacred Stone Camp Legal Defense Fund: https://fundrazr.com/d19fAf
4. Contribute to the Sacred Stone Camp gofundme account: https://www.gofundme.com/sacredstonecamp
5. Contribute to the Red Warrior Camp Legal Fund: https://www.generosity.com/…/red-warrior-camp-legal-fund-no…
6. Contribute to the Standing Rock Medic & Healer Council Fund: https://medichealercouncil.com/
CALL TO ACTION: Actually do something to help protect and honor native peoples, lives, cultures and belief to take away for oneself. A call to action has been issued, the spirit horses brought. Oyate, lila ohitika. This is happening right now, it has to happen because there is no respect for native lifeways and rights. Please view the video at the link above. Read more at their website Camp of the Sacred Stones.
If you are not aware, the Dakota Access Pipeline was planned and the US government and corporation are again violating treaties. They are tunneling through native lands, they are desecrating sacred lands and burial grounds. These pipelines carrying crude oil ALWAYS fail, and this time if constructed the Missouri River would be polluted. Native defenders and allies are protesting with their bodies, peacefully blocking and are being arrested despite the right to protest.
All native nations, allies and friends are asked to come help the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe to defend the water and land. Like myself I cannot be there because of distance, but I can feel this power and strength, the determination to resist. I can’t be there right now but they’re asking for donations to take care of all visitors who come, even bedding, camping supplies, food, and first aid supplies.
DONATION LINK: https://www.gofundme.com/sacredstonecamp
LEGAL FUND DONATION LINK: https://fundrazr.com/d19fAf?ref=sh_25rPQa